October marks Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) and we’re offering many ways to get involved!
This year, our theme is “Shatter the Silence, Share the Strength”. We are committed to breaking stereotypes and challenging stigmas surrounding abuse. This month and all throughout the year, we aim to educate our community on abuse while amplifying the voices of survivors.
Here are some ways to honor DVAM:
- Thursday, October 5: Resilience’s First Purple Party Fundraiser – Team Trivia for a great cause!
- Free Support Groups & Workshops for Survivors
- Webinar Series – approved for Social Work CE Hours
– October 10: Understanding & Screening for Domestic Violence
– October 17: Strangulation in Intimate Partner Violence
– October 24: Therapeutic Interventions for Children Who Have Witnessed Domestic Violence
- Share Your Story to Shatter the Silence – take our survey for survivors
- Follow Us on Social Media and Read Our Blogs
About Resilience: Advocates for Ending Violence
Resilience: Advocates for Ending Violence is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing support, education, and resources to survivors of domestic violence. With a mission to end abuse and empower survivors, Resilience is committed to creating a safer, more compassionate community for all. To contact an advocate for support, call our 24-hour Help Line at 1-800-848-5991.